President's Fearless Fund
The President’s Fearless Fund supports the causes, programs and people that reflect the president’s priorities. These opportunities will change over time to ensure that gifts are directed to pressing issues.
This academic year, the President’s Fearless Fund will focus on expanding the “Do Good” campus initiative. Our aim is to inspire students to put their knowledge into practice to address urgent societal challenges such as poverty, health equity, injustice, food and water security, and climate change.
This year, your generosity will support:
- The launch of the Do Good accelerator, which provides leadership coaching and mentoring, creative community space, networking opportunities, financial support and educational training to students with promising ventures.
- This year’s Do Good Challenge, a year-long effort that engages more than a thousand students across campus as they seek to scale-up their philanthropic ventures and projects into self-sustaining and replicable entities.
- Courses at the undergraduate and graduate level that infuse philanthropy and nonprofit leadership with innovation that challenge students to think broadly about what it means to Do Good.
Last year, thanks to donors like you, $218,000 was raised for the Do Good Institute and it shows that together we can transform idealism into impact. Here are a few highlights:
- Two past Do Good Challenge teams were named to Forbes list of 30 under 30 social entrepreneurs.
- James Hollister Wellness Foundation, a Do Good venture, recovered and provided medication to an estimated 11,000 low-income residents in Ghana and Honduras.
- The 2017 Terp Thon supported Children's National Health System by raising more than $1 Million to inspire hope and healing in the children and families at Children's National.
We invite you support our Do Good campus!